The artwork shows an organism that has evolved under pressure from humanity.
The effects of the industrial revolution parasite on the body, as if it were a virus.
Through a hand-shaped sculpture and a virtual design drivetrain, it creates a nice tension between the organic and the mechanical.
Mixed media, wood and epoxy body, and custom made metal drive train.
Made in-house using CNC metalworking machinery, aluminum and brass materials.
- BATTLE ART FAIR Contemporary Fine ArtFri 16 Sept – Fri 23 Sept 2011
Venue: The PowderMills Hotel, Powdermill Lane, Battle
- Kinetica Art fair London by Kinetica Museum, 3 – 6 feb 2011 UK
- The museum Boijmans van Beuningen Rotterdam 4 juli – sept 2009
- Exhibition Amateur Kaviar at the Kabinetten van de Vleeshallen, Middelburg. 2005 (previous version)
- Neongallery: ANTISTROT FISI the laughing hyena APRIL 30 – JUNE 27 2004 (previous version)
The collection of the artist.
For sale: price on request.
- Dimensions: 900 x 400 x 600 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 40 Kg
- Drive: Electric motors – reduction 2 pieces, mechanical tamiya speed controllers
- Power consumption: 7,2V – 3A
- Control: Vintage RC-controller futaba fc 18 plus included
- Movements: Independent front wheel drive, moving mouth, LED eyes
- Speed: such as slow walking ….
- Mechanical: In house CNC-machined and fabricated powertrain and suspension in aluminum, steel and brass
- Materials: Wood, glass mat and epoxy body. Finished with a quality car paint. Several integrated metal parts such as ears, back and tail comb
- Year: 2009