Futuristic vision on the evolution of the Hyena by Baileybots.
The artwork shows an organism that has evolved under pressure from humanity.
The effects of the industrial revolution parasite on the body, as if it were a virus.
Through a hand-shaped sculpture and a virtual design drivetrain, it creates a nice tension between the organic and the mechanical.
Mixed media, wood and epoxy body, and custom made metal drive train.
Made in-house using CNC metalworking machinery, aluminum and brass materials.
- BATTLE ART FAIR Contemporary Fine ArtFri 16 Sept – Fri 23 Sept 2011
Venue: The PowderMills Hotel, Powdermill Lane, Battle
- Kinetica Art fair London by Kinetica Museum, 3 – 6 feb 2011 UK
- The museum Boijmans van Beuningen Rotterdam 4 juli – sept 2009
- Exhibition Amateur Kaviar at the Kabinetten van de Vleeshallen, Middelburg. 2005 (previous version)
- Neongallery: ANTISTROT FISI the laughing hyena APRIL 30 – JUNE 27 2004 (previous version)
The collection of the artist.
For sale: price on request.
- Dimensions: 900 x 400 x 600 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 40 Kg
- Drive: Electric motors – reduction 2 pieces, mechanical tamiya speed controllers
- Power consumption: 7,2V – 3A
- Control: Vintage RC-controller futaba fc 18 plus included
- Movements: Independent front wheel drive, moving mouth, LED eyes
- Speed: such as slow walking ….
- Mechanical: In house CNC-machined and fabricated powertrain and suspension in aluminum, steel and brass
- Materials: Wood, glass mat and epoxy body. Finished with a quality car paint. Several integrated metal parts such as ears, back and tail comb
- Year: 2009