friend that likes to dance and go for small walks. Big is controlled by
a very simple control unit, which controls al the vital functions.
Big is a better dancer then she is a walker. In a sense of robotics,
Big is not a world-shaking work of art. But what she lacks in
advanced robotics, she makes up for with her amazing interactive
capabilities, and bucket loads of charm and smiles all over. Big
works by simple, and there for reliable 12 Volt electrics.Her two
front legs provide propulsion, and steering. She can be very happy,
showing it by opening her mouth, while her eyes shine bright. When
mistreated she will scream for help.
Materials: Wood, steel, foam and fabrics.
- F.A.R.T. (Fashion and Art) Hotel Central 30 Oktober 2009
- CLUB TRANSMEDIALE 06 BERLIN, feb 2006
- ArtBots Gent:The Robot Talent Show, Gent Belgium, 2&3 dec. 2006
- Exhibition “Amateur Kaviar” at the Kabinetten van de Vleeshallen, Middelburg. 2005
- STATE-X NEW FORMS 2005 in Paard van Troje, 16&17 dec. 2005
- Presentation of Antistrot mural and performance at ‘RE 04’ in Boijmans van Beuningen, Rotterdam. 2004
In the collection of the artist, work is retired
- Dimensions: 800 x 800 x 800 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 25 Kg
- Drive: Electric motors – reduction, 3 pieces
- Steam Consumption: 12V – 10A
- Control: Custom controller on its tail.
- Movements: Self-propelled front legs, mouths, horns
- Mechanical: Steel construction with plain bearings. Timber frame, filled with foam
- Materials: Wood, steel, foam, fabrics and skin
- Year: 2004