This mechanical but lifelike, five-axis automaton of a Andrewsarchus head, shows the skill of the artist and his mechanical artworks.
The artwork presented like a hunting trophy, surrounded by a mural painting by the former Antistrot (Collaborating artists) on volcanoes and forces of man and nature. The head responds to the public, through pre-programmed behaviour. The art work is Commissioned by / exhibited at 3rdWard in Brooklyn New York USA.
Mixed media, wood and foam, and custom made automaton.
- Andrew: Permanent exhibition at 3rdward Brooklyn New York 2010
The art work is Commissioned by / exhibited at 3rdWard.
- Dimensions: 850 x 400 x 600 mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 20 Kg
- Drive: Electric motors – reduction, 6 pcs
- Power consumption: 12V – 0.45 A
- Control: Motion
- Movements: Cheer up and down, head back and forth, mouth open and close, ears, eyes, control
- Mechanical: Aluminum rods, custom CNC machined parts, aluminum and brass. All connections are mounted performed, both plain and ball bearing. Drive on 6 axles driven head of a Andrewsarchus
done through a random link from the plates patterned. The cycle time is 90 sec C.A. (by rotation)
- Materials: HD 300 (blue foam), wood (teeth) and various skeletal components.
2 Bohemian wolf skins and (plastic eyes of a big cat)
- Year: 2010